Thursday, September 29, 2016

Manifesting...

Back in March 2015, I was let go from my job. The short answer is that I was no longer willing to meet company expectations. I take 100% responsibility for that. I worked there for just over ten years, so I'd seen the direction my former employer was heading in, and I knew that included caring less and less for their employees. Now, at anytime I could have said, "You know what? Enough is enough! I quit!" But I didn't do that. Instead, I became locked into the same behavior millions of people find themselves exhibiting. I stayed in a job that I hated, because I thought a crappy job was better than no job. After all, there were so many people who didn't even have jobs...I should be counting my blessings, right?

The truth is, I had grown bitter working for people who I felt didn't appreciate me, and while I knew that narrative would not change, I stayed, finding comfort in having the routine of getting up early five days a week to go to a job I loathed. Sadly, each morning, I'd have to give myself pep talks to start my day, and usually fifteen to twenty minutes into my day, something annoying would happen, and I would choose to be miserable for the rest of my shift.

To make it through the day, I'd find myself daydreaming of the day when I could go in there and tell certain people to kiss my ass, or if I chose to show a bit more class, I'd work the shift and politely tell them at the end that I would not be returning. I envisioned working from home, making a living doing what I loved to do.

Well, in January of 2015, I had a breakdown at work that was so bad that a colleague was concerned for my mental state. But it was in that moment  I declared, "I've had it! I don't care how it will happen, but I'm giving this place six more months and then I'm done!" By March my dream manifested itself because I had let go of the rigid idea I'd had that I was going to walk out of that place of  my own volition. When in fact, God's universe found a path of least resistance to get me out of there.

Was it ideal? No. But once my ego healed, I realized that I'd gotten exactly what I asked for. I wasn't happy, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I could no longer do the job expected of me with any sincere effort to do it well. Had I not been let go, and  left to my own devices, I'd probably still be there, bitching and moaning. But I think in that moment in January, I was able to align my vibrational frequency with what I wanted.

Since then, I am happier than I've ever been. I work from home, making a living doing what I love.  I've traveled around the world, and have realized that all of the supposedly elusive freedom I knew was out there, I have been holding in the palm of my hand all along. Once I was willing to divorce myself from all of the preconceptions of how I thought my desires would come to me, they were able to manifest. It has been so wonderful, sitting in God's grace and watching as miracles happen, and answers to problems present themselves at the right time. And this is only the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment